We’re halfway through! It hasn’t been easy, but I’m taking more breaks than I would be if I hadn’t created a plan. Here’s a recap:
- Bible verse– “Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10
- Meditation-ish concept– Commit to “being still” for one minute every hour. Commit to “being still” for 15 minutes twice a day.
- Bible verse– “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” 2 Corinthians 10:5
- Meditation-ish concept– Observe your thoughts and do not try to evaluate them or assign meaning to them. They are less important than you think.
- Bible verse– “The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.” Psalm 145:8
- Meditation-ish concept– Whatever happens – and I truly mean whatever – DON’T BE MEAN TO YOURSELF!
- Bible verse – “Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.” Genesis 2:7
- Meditation-ish concept – Deep breathing involves slow inhalation through the nose and slow exhalation through the mouth. Try doing this several times a day while meditating on the verse above.
And now for Week 5:
- Bible verse – “Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.” Philippians 4:8
- Meditation-ish concept – Every time you take a break, focus on your five senses. You are bound to find sights, sounds (and even smells) that are excellent or praiseworthy, and this is a good opportunity to praise God for everything he has made, and how he has made you able to experience such things – especially small things that you usually overlook.
- Why – Whenever I get annoyed with work and life, it helps to remember all of the ways I am blessed. This includes simple things such as my eyesight and hearing.
Join the Be Still Challenge on Twitter using the hashtag #BeStillChallenge.